The Steuben County Industrial Development Agency (IDA) is the designated economic development organization for Steuben County, NY, providing comprehensive economic development services to attract new jobs and investment, and generate new wealth. We are uniquely positioned to provide timely and quality assistance to help existing business leaders and new business entrepreneurs attain their specific goals.
The mission of the Steuben County Industrial Development Agency is to undertake projects and develop strategies to advance job opportunities, health, recreational opportunities, general prosperity, and the economic welfare of the people of Steuben County.
By implementing a collaborative approach to economic development, the Steuben County IDA looks to fulfill its mission through the following strategic objectives:
- Retain and grow Steuben County’s economic base
- Enhance Steuben County’s economic infrastructure to support the expansion of existing businesses and new business development
- Manage the development of the natural gas industry and other energy resources
- Attract and support service-based business as well as attract professional service sector companies
In accomplishing successful economic development by serving as a one stop shop, we pursue a collaborative approach in offering businesses comprehensive economic development assistance.
- Creation of financial incentive packages designed to meet your needs
- Technical support assistance during project development
- Site selection and site development assistance
- Workforce Development and Training
- Real property tax abatements
- On-going business support
- Mortgage tax abatements
- Sales tax abatements
- Bond financing